FAIS Forward Academy is accredited with INSETA (INSETA Accreditation Number 130249) to provide the FETC Short-term and the FETC Retail Insurance Qualifications.
Our training methodology consists of a combination of face-to-face contact sessions and learner self-study. As these qualifications are distance learning programmes, learning will mainly be through self-study, but learners will have the opportunity to attend contact sessions throughout the year.
Short-term Insurance Qualification
SAQA ID 66610 / Inseta Learning Programme 49929
The FETC: Short Term Insurance Qualification is designed to build knowledge and skill required by employees in Short Term Insurance who have had schooling at or below NQF level 4. It is an entry Qualification into Short Term Insurance and is intended to empower learners to acquire the knowledge, skills, attitudes and values required to operate confidently as individuals in the South African community and to respond to the challenges of the economic environment and changing world of work in the financial services industry.
The Qualification consists of a Fundamental, a Core and an Elective Component. The programme is divided into five skills programmes of approximately 30 credits each:
• Block 1 (Introduction to the Legislation)
• Block 2A (Insurance Overview)
• Block 2B (Insurance Overview)
• Block 3 (Personal Development – includes Financial Literacy, the compulsory fundamental unit standards)
• Block 4 – (Fundamentals for those learners who did not pass English, Maths and a second language on Grade 12 or equivalent level)
MONTHLY TUTORIAL SESSION
Retail Insurance Qualification
SAQA ID 66609 / Inseta Learning Programme 49835
The FETC Retail Insurance Qualification is one of the recognised qualifications on the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (FSCA) list for Category 1 Financial Services Providers (FSP’s). This qualification is aimed at employees and agents who provide financial services to clients but do not necessarily work in the insurance industry. It is therefore one of the preferred qualifications for Finance and Insurance agents (F&I’s) in the motor vehicle industry who must comply with the FAIS Fit and Proper requirements.
The Qualification consists of a Fundamental, a Core and an Elective Component. The programme is divided into four skills programmes of approximately 30 credits each:
• FAIS 1 (Introduction to the Legislation)
• FAIS 2 (Insurance Overview)
• FAIS 3 (Personal Development – includes Financial Literacy, the compulsory fundamental unit standards)
• FAIS 4 – (Fundamentals for those learners who did not pass English, Maths and a second language on Grade 12 or equivalent level)
For more information about our training programmes, click on the links below to see what courses we offer as well as our delivery methods. Whatever you need, we have something for you.